Fallout Nukaloha: Wish you were here.
Welcome to Fallout Nukaloha! A Fallout Roleplaying forum set on the Post-Apocalyptic Hawaii. Register and Log-In to see all the features and start playing.
Fallout Nukaloha: Wish you were here.
Welcome to Fallout Nukaloha! A Fallout Roleplaying forum set on the Post-Apocalyptic Hawaii. Register and Log-In to see all the features and start playing.

Fallout Roleplaying Forum set 250 years after the Great-War on the Post-Apocalyptic Hawaii. Will you be able to survive and endure the Hawaiian Wasteland?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shen Long

Shen Long

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] 1J4tKN4100/100Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Experience:
Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] Left_bar_bleue1/200Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] Empty_bar_bleue  (1/200)

Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN]   Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] EmptyTue Dec 05 2017, 05:25

Shen Long got up late, just as he liked it. The sun was already approaching its zenith, and the clatter of meals being prepared drifted up into his room - if you can call it a room, with only three walls remaining. His tribe's village mainly consists of an old office complex next to the seaside. His room is on the second floor of the two-story building, whose northern wall had almost completely collapsed. There isn't much of a view, unless you like trees. Trees are everywhere. Stupid trees. Shen Long likes the sea, where he can fish and not be bothered by his fellow tribesmen. 

If he could just live in one of those cities he's heard strangers talk about! That is, before they killed the intruders. Shen Long's tribesmen are all of Asian descent, and very racist. They are sceptical of all outsiders, but especially so of non-Asians. Shen Long could never understand that. Why would you kill someone without even knowing what you could gain by using them?

In that manner, he starts his day. Complaining about his poor life to himself, while dreaming of changing it all. He collects his things and takes his fishing rod, planning to spend the day on the seaside, having a nice and quiet day for himself. Or so he thought. Just as he sat down for his lunch before heading out to the waterfront, one of the lookouts, a young man named Guo Wei, came running into the village. He was a short man, slim but quick, with a completely clean-shaved head. He looked agitated, and Shen Long immediately knew that his quiet day was not about to come true. 

Guo Wei runs straight to the chieftain, falls to his knees, and screams: "A ship (gasping for air).... there's a ship run ashore down by the beach!"

Last edited by Shen Long on Tue Dec 05 2017, 05:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spacing)
Back to top Go down
Neutral Karma

Neutral Karma

PostSubject: Re: Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN]   Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] EmptyWed Dec 06 2017, 07:14

Captain Axel was having a very bad day, to say the least.

A simple seaman, he'd been contracted to deliver supplies to one of the more friendly coastal tribes. It was nothing valuable, some simple parts, food staples, and a few handfuls of ammo.

"Pirates, its always bloody pirates," the man muttered to himself as he exited the cabin of his small trawler, looking over the wooded, desolate beach he'd unwillingly found himself on. Still slung over the prow was his deckhand...or what remained of him anyway. A harpoon had split his skull nearly in two, and a steady trickle of blood had been pooling at the front of his ship for some time now. A pity that, Axel thought, he was a good kid. Too good for this life, anyway.

The pirates were a particularly sadistic bunch, the Scorpionfish, they called themselves. Preying on the isolated, their favored tactic was to disable a ship's rudder, run it aground, and salvage what they could once the surviving crew met some of the island's more...exotic wildlife.

A fate that would surely end his own life, it seemed. Without proper tools or manpower, there wasn't a chance he'd be able untangle his rotor from the myriad of nets strangling it, much less push it back in the water.

With a sigh of resignation, he returned to the cabin, retrieving a bottle of whiskey from his footlocker.

"If I'm going to die here, there's no chance in hell I'm going out sober!"

He barked out a morbid laugh, taking a long swig from the container, before settling in.
Back to top Go down
Shen Long

Shen Long

Character Screen
Health Points:
Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] 1J4tKN4100/100Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Experience:
Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] Left_bar_bleue1/200Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] Empty_bar_bleue  (1/200)

PostSubject: Re: Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN]   Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] EmptyFri Dec 08 2017, 03:45

A ship! Shen Long suddenly felt interested in what Guo Wei had to say. Could this be a way to get away from this island and make it to a city? "Don't be ridiculous, you don't even know how to use a boat. Or which direction a city even might be", he told himself. But still... there was hope, however small.

Guo Wei finished his report: "It looks like a small boat, there can't be too many people on board." The chieftain - Zhang Jun, a muscular giant of a man with only one eye left - seemed almost as excited as Shen Long, although for different reasons. Zhang Jun loved shiny things. He called them valuables, but who the hell cares for shiny gems in a place like this? Shen Long was unconciously shaking his head, wondering what he did to deserve living with all these people around him.

Zhang Jun got up from his place in the shadow. "I need two volunteers to check out the ship. Any takers?" Two. Risky, but a good chance to be profitable. There might even be some snacks on board! Shen Long already hated himself for speaking up, almost sure that something will go wrong. But sometimes, you just gotta do what you gotta do. "I'll go!"

Zhang Jun looked at Shen Long surprised. The two weren't exactly on good terms. Zhang Jun expected everyone to work together towards improving the tribe. Shen Long, however, prefered staying to himself, and enjoy whatever little joy there can be found in a place like this. Zhang Jun grinned an evil grin, maybe expecting Shen Long to run into trouble down at the boat. "Alright," he said, "who else?"
Back to top Go down
Neutral Karma

Neutral Karma

PostSubject: Re: Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN]   Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] EmptyFri Dec 08 2017, 07:23

"I-I will," spoke a timid voice from a small distance. Before long, a diminutive woman approached. It was Lian Xinya, the tanner's reclusive daughter.

She was hardly well known, a small stutter had plague her since youth, a trait that kept her from talking much or keeping many friends. She usually seemed to be content assisting her father, deftly skinning and preparing hides for use as leather.

She was petite and boyish in statute, with a slightly-larger-than-average nose, and eyes that rarely strayed from the ground. However, she was quick and catlike on her feet, able to brush by dozing predators and prey alike without a second thought.

Today, she appeared as she always did, wrapped in a light tunic, stained from years of being doused in animal blood and chemicals, her perpetually messy hair tied back into a rudimentary ponytail. At her side was her skinning knife, basic in construction, but deadly in her practiced hands.

"N-Now, w-where's this b-b-boat?"
Back to top Go down
Shen Long

Shen Long

Character Screen
Health Points:
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN]   Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] EmptyFri Dec 08 2017, 18:19

Shen Long didn't know Lian Xinya very well, but she was timid enough that he believed he could convince her to follow his lead. At least he hoped. He firmly grasped his spear, nodded to Lian Xinya, and headed to the boat, sure that she will follow him. 

Shen Long kept a brisk pace. He was nervous. Fighting was not exactly his strong suit. He didn't hear any other footsteps, so he started wondering whether Xinya was actually going to follow him, when he suddenly heard her speak up. "W-why did y-you volunteer to go check out the b-b-boat?" Shit, that woman is stealthy!

Shen Long didn't know how to respond. He didn't want people to know that his plan was to leave the tribe. Some people might be happy to see him go, but others might just see it as traitorous and kill him right away. No way he would risk that. "Loot", Shen Long simply stated. "Maybe some of that nice pre-war stuff. What about you?"

"I was b-bored. My d-dad doesn't like it when I leave the village, but he c-can't say anything when it's to the b-b-benefit of the tribe." Fair enough. Shen Long was by himself for the most part of his life, and he also could not stand if there was anyone telling him what he can and can not do. Which is why he wasn't particularly fond of the chieftain either.

Shen Long and Lian Xinya arrived at the edge of the beach. They stayed hidden behind some bushed. "Do you see anything?", Xinya asked.
Back to top Go down
Overseer
Admin
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN]   Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] EmptyFri Dec 08 2017, 18:19

The member 'Shen Long' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1d100' : 43
Back to top Go down
https://fallout-nukaloha.rpg-board.net
Shen Long

Shen Long

Character Screen
Health Points:
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN]   Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] EmptySun Dec 10 2017, 01:32

"Only a dead guy hanging over the side of the ship. Maybe there's no one else left?" Shen Long wished it to be true, but had a feeling that life wasn't gonna make it that easy for him.

Shen Long felt the need to take control of the situation. He said to Xinya: "Okay, let's split up. You sneak over from the right side, I'll take the left. Let's try not to spill any blood here. And stay quiet!" She replied:" N-no need to t-tell me. You're the one making noise with every step you take!"

Well, the girl was right, Shen Long guessed. She definitely was superior to him in sneaking. At least she could follow orders.

Shen Long starts sneaking towards the boat. His goal is to get onto the boat without getting noticed. If possible, he hopes to resolve this without a fight. However, he keeps his spear at the ready, prepared to defend himself if danger should arise
Back to top Go down
Overseer
Admin
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN]   Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] EmptySun Dec 10 2017, 01:32

'1d100' : 4
Back to top Go down
Intelligence Stat

Intelligence Stat

PostSubject: Re: Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN]   Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] EmptySun Dec 10 2017, 07:25

((Oof. Bad luck, sorry about that.))

You approach the craft with all the grace of a derailing train.

Xinya simply stares at you with a look of incredulous resignation, already closing the distance to the beached ship with comparatively astounding speed. Before long, a man emerges from the cabin. He appears to be in an intense state of intoxication, an empty bottle in one hand, and what appears to be a revolver in the other. With a booming, slurred, voice, he shouts out at you.

"Wassit? Yous..Yous best not get any closer! You savages won't find any easy prey here!"

He levels his weapon at you, his posture unsteady, and his aim even more so.
Back to top Go down
Shen Long

Shen Long

Character Screen
Health Points:
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN]   Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] EmptyMon Dec 11 2017, 16:33

Well, shit. This wasn't going as planned at all. But then again, few things ever did for Shen Long in this damned island. He needed to think of a quick way out of this.

A crewman survived! That was a chance for Shen Long, a possible way to get out of the island. But that change seemed slim, considering the gun pointed at his face.

Trying to hide how intimidated he actually was, and hoping that Xinya wouldn't do anything stupid, he started speaking in as steady a voice as possible: "Don't shoot! There are many things that can and will kill you on this island, including my fellow tribesmen. There doesn't need to be any blood here today. I can help you.... we can help each other. So please, put down your weapon, and we can talk."
Back to top Go down
Overseer
Admin
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN]   Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] EmptyMon Dec 11 2017, 16:33

'1d100' : 63
Back to top Go down
Shen Long

Shen Long

Character Screen
Health Points:
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN]   Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] EmptyFri Dec 15 2017, 20:25

The man stares at Shen Long, clearly unsure whether he can trust him or not. He lowers is gun somewhat, but is definitely not letting his guard down. "How do I know I can trust you?", He says in a slurred voice?

"Well, you don't. But as far as I see it, I'm your only choice of surviving. The other people of my tribe aren't exactly of the friendly type, and I'm sure you won't have enough bullets in that gun of yours to kill all of them."

"What's in it for you, then? Why should a dirty tribal help a man stranded on the shore?", He asks.

"Because I see the bigger picture. Life has to have more to offer than living in the dirt. I want to see a city! If you promise to take me to one, I'll help you get out of here."

The man starts laughing in a banging voice. "Ha ha ha! Get off the island you say! Don't you think I would already be gone if it were that easy? The rudder is broken, and even if it weren't, I can't steer the boat all by myself." He sounded resigned, but still lowered his weapon all the way.

Shen Long thought this was going the right way, when he suddenly saw Xinya climbing over the side of the boat and sneaking behind the stranger. Shit, he kind of forgot about her. She didn't even look at Shen Long, determined to attack the stranger from behind.

Shit. Time to pick sides. "Behind you!", Shen Long screams, willing to sacrifice Xinya's life to save his potential captain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN]   Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

Strangers on the Shore [Shen Long, OPEN]
Page 1 of 1